[Samba] samba-tool dns zoneoptions --mark-old-records-static

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Nov 8 16:04:56 UTC 2023

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 16:58:23 +0100
Sam R <sr42354 at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Wilfred : Thank for that good tip but when I test this command I get
> ; Usage: samba-tool dns zoneoptions <server> <zone> [options]
>
> @Rowland : Yes server1 is one of my 2 DC and example.com my domain and
> first DNS zone ( of course I change the name here )

OK, if you run this (might have to install ldb-tools), does it return
anything:

sudo ldbsearch -H ldap://server1 -P -b
"DC=example.com,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDNSZones,DC=example,DC=com" -s
sub '(&(objectClass=dnsNode)(!(dNSTombstoned=TRUE)))' dnsRecord name

That is all supposed to be on one line and will need modifying for your
actual dns.

Rowland

PS: please do not 'CC' me, just reply to the list.