[Samba] LDAP_MATCHING_RULE_IN_CHAIN no longer working after upgrade?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 6 19:30:39 UTC 2023

On Mon, 2023-11-06 at 15:32 +0100, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:
> Op 06-11-2023 om 14:58 schreef Jonathan Hunter:
>
> > Thank you Kees.
> > On Mon, 6 Nov 2023 at 09:37, Kees van Vloten via samba
> > <
> > samba at lists.samba.org
> > > wrote:
> > > I am currently running at 4.19.2 but I have run 4.18.6 and
> > > 4.18.5. I did
> > > not experience any issues with nested group lookups, which many
> > > of the
> > > filters rely on.
> > Interestingly, I've now found that (on my current DCs, running
> > 4.18.5), ldbsearch *does* seem to return the expected result, but
> > the
> > same query via ldapsearch does not.

Just to narrow this down, can you look into ldbsearch -H ldap:// vs
ldapsearch -H ldap://

This will eliminate some protocol issues between the codebases.

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions