[Samba] Issues with AD trusts and UID/GID ranges

Anthony Halliday anthonyhalliday13 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 19:32:38 UTC 2023

Hello,
Thank you for the previous reply. This has made me realize that I misunderstood most of the settings that I set. To clarify, I currently do not have UIDs and GIDs stored in Active Directory, and I currently don’t plan on setting that up. My other computers are using tdb as the backend, and for uniformity across all my machines I would like to use that on all of them. Could you possibly elaborate a bit more on what the * range is for. I haven’t been able to find any useful info in the docs/wiki. Also, other than restarting samba and winbind, is there anything else I have to do to make the UID changes take effect? Thanks.