[Samba] Again kea DHCP-Server

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Nov 1 15:24:31 UTC 2023

On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 15:56:46 +0100
Stefan Kania via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi to all,
> nearly one year ago someone ask about the kea-DHCP support for Samba.
> In the Samba wiki I still can only find the idc-dhcp stuff. @Rowland
> will you (and can you) replace or add the setup of kea to the wiki?
> Would be nice :-)
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan, the problem is two fold:

A) At the moment my DCs are still running Bullseye (they are
running on Raspberry pi 4 and Bookworm has only recently been released)

B) In my opinon, Using Kea for the task is overkill (but then I think
Kea is overkill for anything)

If/When I do rewrite the script, it will be using the dhcp server built
into dnsmasq, a much simpler set up.

If some else whats to use Kea, then I wish them luck.

Rowland