[Samba] Internal DNS not coming up in 4.18.0

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 23 10:04:08 UTC 2023

On 23/03/2023 06:12, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
> Hello Rowland,
>
> ldbsearch command is returning 0 records.
>
> # returned 0 records
> # 0 entries
> # 0 referrals

The last time I saw something like this was when the domain had started
out as an early Windows domain (2k, 2003) and had migrated to a Samba
domain, could this be what has happened here ?

Does 'samba-tool dns zonelist <YOUR_DC>' show anything ?

> On the backup front, I take the back up using samba-tool backup command
> and it was successful.

I thought you said that you had no viable backup ?

> Can I create a new ForestZone using samba-tool? I asking this question
> as RSAT is not connecting to DNS server.

'samba-tool dns zonecreate' can create a dns zone, though I have never
tried to create a forest zone.

Rowland