[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Tue Jun 27 15:00:06 UTC 2023

Mandi! Markus Dellermann via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Marco, you are using the ad-Backend, right?

Yes, rfc2307.

> Have you tried with rid-backend or at least

No, i cannot try RID, or at least i'll need to setup a different test domain...

> "idmap config LNFFVG : unix_nss_info = no" in smb.conf ?

Tried, but nothing changed. My current [global] section is:

[global]
	disable spoolss = Yes
	load printers = No
	lock directory = /var/cache/samba
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	map to guest = Bad User
	printcap name = /dev/null
	realm = AD.FVG.LNF.IT
	security = ADS
	syslog = 0
	template homedir = /home/%U
	template shell = /bin/bash
	username map = /etc/samba/user.map
	usershare max shares = 0
	winbind offline logon = Yes
	winbind request timeout = 5
	winbind use default domain = Yes
	workgroup = LNFFVG
	idmap config lnffvg : unix_primary_group = yes
	idmap config lnffvg : unix_nss_info = no
	idmap config lnffvg : schema_mode = rfc2307
	idmap config lnffvg : range = 10000-49999
	idmap config lnffvg : backend = ad
	idmap config * : range = 5000-9999
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	printing = bsd

> To update to 4.18 could be also an good idea, because there are some changes
> wich should help..

Samba version 4.18.3+dfsg-1.

Thanks...

--
  ...buffoni che campate di versi senza forza
  avrete soldi e gloria, ma non avete scorza;		(F. Guccini)