[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Mon Jun 26 14:25:05 UTC 2023

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I Logged in as a domain user to a Ubuntu 22.04 Unix domain member.
> Everything worked as expected.

OK, this also for me.

> disconnected network, everything still worked okay.

And not, this not. As just stated, if i tackle with DNS the best i can get
is to short down delays, that became decent; but still if i disconnect the
cable or shut off the wireless, immediately an:

	id gaio

return user unknown, and if i open a new terminal windows/tab, i got the
prompt with 'unknown user'.

My problem seems a bit deeper. Shorten the delay alleviate some correlated
aspects (eg, now i can shut down the machine, or re-enable the wireless
network) but the trouble remain... Winbind/NSS cache does not work.

--
  La BBS e' come il mio frigorifero... da tanti anni fa in silenzio un ottimo
  lavoro, al punto tale che mi accorgo della sua utilita' solo quando manca la