[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Mon Jun 26 14:18:43 UTC 2023

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I planned to, just waiting to here from you, but now ?
> Are you saying that without the lockdir line in your smb.conf, offline
> logon works for you after a reboot, because it doesn't for me.

No, i'm saying that it suffices to me to disconnect cable (or shut off the
wireless) to have winbind NSS stop even considering domain accounts.

I'm still a step before... ;(

>> i get empty result (hostname -f return the host).
> Then I would suggest you need to fix this, easiest way is to add the
> information to the 127.0.1.1 line in /etc/hosts

As a note, they get rewritten on cable/wireless connect/disconnect; for that
i've tried to add a static ethernet connection, but apparently does not
solve that.

> Now I know just how you have your dns setup, I will try and emulate it
> over the weekend and see what happens.

Thanks.

--
  Se non trovi nessuno vuol dire che siamo scappati alle sei-shell (bash,
  tcsh,csh...)							(Possi)