[Samba] Winbind and AD: Local users with identical AD usernames

Sabolowitsch, Stefan Stefan.Sabolowitsch at felten-group.com
Tue Jun 20 11:33:06 UTC 2023

Hi there,
i hope someone can help me with this question.

we successfully got Samba 4.11 up and running with Winbind on our SLES 15.2.
the Linux server is a member of the Windows domain.
Due to a user with identical name in AD as well as locally on the Linux server, we have the following problem.

How can we make sure, that the "local user" (with the same name in ad) is accessed only via ssh and the "ad user" only via smb ?

Thanks for any help
Stefan