[Samba] SaMBa 4.16.4 adds users to ACLs as groups

Tamás Németh nt1277 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 08:38:37 UTC 2023

Okay then :-( I think I'll have to divide our shares into two categories:

1. One with "nt acl support = no" which I'd consider the "pure Linux
security" category.
2. Probably another category with "acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes", as
a "pure Windows security" category.

It would be better to have an underlying OS with native NFSv4 ACL support
instead of POSIX ACLs, since converting NT ACLs to POSIX ACLs seems to be a
bit problematic nowadays.

Again, thank you very much for all your efforts, especially for reproducing
my issues last weekend.

Sincerely,
Tamás

Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> ezt írta (időpont: 2023.