[Samba] File timestamp issue

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 09:44:00 UTC 2023

Setting "min domain uid = 0" and re-enabling user.map did actually work.
Thank you for that.
However, the other ACL message (on the sending side) I mentioned still
occurs with user mapping.

Error 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS security to destination X:\
A required privilege is not held by the client

So to do some more tests, I removed the /COPYALL which includes ACL's
(actually the Security descriptor, but I guess that is the same) and
replaced it with /COPY:DAT
This did actually solve the original problem (full replication). So now I
asked myself, does this mean that ACL's are not copied at all?
To test this, I created a new source file with an explicit ACL and
restarted replication /COPY:DAT. That did include the new file, but the ACL
was missing on the Samba server  (verified with getfacl)
So right now the replication DOES work, but not with the ACL's intact.

This page gave me some more clues
https://superuser.com/questions/734095/robocopy-error-1314-0x00000522-on-windows-7-home-premium

By using /COPY:DATSO, the ACL was actually propagated to the target. BUT it
also again included every other file. So this is back to square one, except
that user.map now is working :).
Going around in circles, I hope that someone wiser than me can suggest an
alternative way to keep the Samba server synchronized with the Windows
share.