[Samba] File timestamp issue

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 08:45:22 UTC 2023

> Not a robocopy guru, so cannot help there and your smb.conf looks okay,
> though there are a few lines that don't strictly need to be there,
> mainly because they are defaults. What is perplexing me most is that you
> think that Samba does not like the user.map any more, can you please
> elaborate where you have seen this posted ?

The sync script runs as Administrator on the Win server as I wrote earlier.
After doing the 4.12 -> 4.15 upgrade earlier this week, the script failed
with a "Permission denied" and something about "ACL not copied". I googled
that error message combined with Samba and found a link that mentioned
that mapping root to administrator via user.map was not working any more
(by design if I remember correctly). Unfortunately I did not save that
search and/or link. Anyway, I disabled the user.map option and then the
replication worked again (except the date issue in my original mail)