[Samba] Windows clients disconnect periodically

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 13 08:53:11 UTC 2023

On 13/06/2023 09:17, Ralph Boehme wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> On 6/8/23 22:49, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>> It sounds like this is a Windows problem then, but that smb.conf was
>> awful.
>
> sorry, but I don't think painting someones config as "awful" is in the
> spirit of:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/How_to_do_Samba:_Nicely
>
> Thanks!
> -slow

You are probably quite correct, saying a smb.conf was 'awful' wasn't the
best way of putting it, but I come from an era where people called a
spade a spade and not an 'earth moving device'. Whilst what I post may
upset some people (who I never try to upset), it is the way I am, I am a
product of my upbringing and it seems to be a problem now, people now
get so upset over the slightest (unintended) thing.

I should have said 'Your smb.conf contains lots of errors' or 'There are
multiple mistakes in your smb.conf', but they all mean the same thing.

I will definitely try to be more long winded, if that is what people now
require.

I never go out of my way to upset anyone and if anyone does feel upset
over anything I have posted, then I apologise for inadvertently
upsetting them. If anyone does feel upset about anything I post, then
please say so, I cannot learn what is and isn't acceptable nowadays, if
I am not told where I am going wrong.

Rowland