[Samba] Failed to convert SID to a UID

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 12 13:22:20 UTC 2023

On 12/06/2023 14:06, Robert Marcano wrote:
> On 6/12/23 9:02 AM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>>

>> On 12/06/2023 13:53, Robert Marcano via samba wrote:
>>

>>> There exist a way to setup crypto policies with support for old AD
>>> crypto.
>>>
>>> RHEL 8 and derivative:
>>>    update-crypto-policies --set DEFAULT:AD-SUPPORT
>>>
>>> RHEL 9 and derivative
>>>    update-crypto-policies --set DEFAULT:AD-SUPPORT-LEGACY
>>
>> I thought there may be a way to use the old crypto, but:
>> A) I was posting how I got it work, using the default Samba krb5.conf
>> file.
>> B) Why would you want use old insecure crypto anyway ?
>
> I am not using it. I am trying to help about how to setup things without
> removing configuration from cryptopolicies

I understood that, but I was just replying about a post I made, where I
stated that I did 'this' and it worked and you basically said 'no you
should have done this' or that was the way I read it (rightly or wrongly).

email is a horrible way of communicating .

>>> From: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/7004158
>>>

>> Not much point in posting a link that is behind a login wall.
>
> the two commands are on the public question, the pay walled answer is
> about why the name change. It is still useful.

To a certain extent, the commands, without the reason why they changed,
will never be as useful as the commands with the reason why they changed.

Rowland