[Samba] Windows clients disconnect periodically

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Mon Jun 12 09:16:14 UTC 2023

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> It sounds like this is a Windows problem then, but that smb.conf was awful.

I've not understood what you mean with 'but that smb.conf was awful', but,
anyway, i can confirm that work.

I can also suppose that this came from my move from an 'NT-like' domain (eg,
SMB1) to an 'AD-like' domain (eg, SMB2+): with the old domain i've no
trouble like this, that appear only when i've switched to AD/SMB2.

What puzzeled me was the fact that an app like Microsoft Access is not able
to do 'keepalive' and i was forced to put share timeout to an indecent amount of
time to make it work.
I've googled a bit about this (with some difficulty, Microsoft choose
'Access' as the name of their DBMS ;-) but really found nothing.

Ok, it is a bit OT, but... if someone have some clue...

--
  ...e andate chissa` dove per non pagar le tasse
  col ghigno e l'ignoranza dei primi della classe.	(F. Guccini)