[Samba] Unable to contact RPC server on a new DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 9 20:25:01 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2023-06-08 at 13:41 +0300, Andrey Repin via samba wrote:
> Greetings, All!
>
> I've added a new DC to the working AD, transferred FSMO roles
> (checked, all 7
> are ok') and (supposedly) correctly demoted the old DC.
>
> SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=
> InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=S
> RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Si
> PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sit
> DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sit
> DomainDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=S
> ForestDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
> Settings,CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=S
>
> Now, I'm unable to connect to the domain using RSAT - the error is
> "RPC server
> unavailable".

The obvious question arises:  What is in the logs?  Are there any clues
in the network trace?

I don't see any concerns in the smb.conf you post later in the thread,
so the normal process is to check the logs, and if no clues at that
point turn up the logs until there are clues.

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions