[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Thu Jun 8 20:13:50 UTC 2023

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> This I do not understand, If I logon as a domain user, 'id rowland'
> works instantly, if I turn off the network, it still works instantly. If
> I then log out (which is instantly), I can then logon again (instantly)

And thsi really frustrated me.

The strange thing is that this same portable, that run 18.04, worked
perfectly with offline winboind; i've simply reinstalled it, with 22.04.

I'll try tomorrow to test with cable not wireless, but really i start to
thing that the trouble came from other things (systemd-resolvd?)...

> You do not have to move anything, have you followed this:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/PAM_Offline_Authentication

I've tried, rowland. And yes, i've followed that page.

Tomorrow i'll try to do some 'strace'; someone have some hint on loglevel
configuration to catch only winbind logs?

Thanks.

--
  Chiamare 'Sbruffoncella' una donna che vìola le leggi di un Paese ostile
  solo per portare in salvo 42 naufraghi è come chiamare 'Onesto' un tizio