[Samba] What's the substitution of 'samba-tool domain provision' in v4.17.5

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 6 09:59:32 UTC 2023

On 06/06/2023 10:51, Lorenzo Milesi via samba wrote:

>> As I understand it, you only need Michael's repo for Ubuntu, The Debian
>> backport repo gets updated with the same Samba packages as his repo (or
>> is it the other way around ?). He is the Debian Samba maintainer.
>
> With the repos you can select several minor versions (from 4.16 to .18), while backports only contains the latest (currently 4.18) IIRC.

Yes, I know that, but the latest from bullseye backports is 4.17.8 and
why would you want anything earlier ?

If you are going to use Debian (highly recommended), stick with the
backports repo and then when bookworm is released, upgrade and use Samba
from bookworm backports, which will get you to 4.18.x (or so I am informed).

Rowland