[Samba] Unable to join domain I think.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 15 12:05:15 UTC 2022

On 15/09/2022 12:29, Rob Campbell wrote:

>     Everything looks okay, so why couldn't the script find the smb.conf
>     file ?
>
> Was that rhetorical?  I imagine we're looking up and to the left with
> our hand on our chin 🤔

Yes, it was rhetorical, I am not sitting in front of your computer, so I
have no idea why it cannot find the smb.conf. I know you are using
Debian 11, but what is it running on ? Bare metal or some type of VM ?

>     Rowland
>

> This the other workstation.
>

> [Thu Sep 15 07:19:49] [root at D01~$] vim /etc/resolv.conf  (NetworkManager
> is updating this)

It might be another workstation, but it appears to using the same
hostname and IP

Rowland