[Samba] Smartcards -- New Windows 11 22H2 Login Issue?

Barry Trent barry.trent at atcorp.com
Thu Oct 27 21:03:46 UTC 2022

I was tripped up by the Windows 11 22H2 login issue discussed in detail
here:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2022-October/242239.html

I installed Samba 4.16.5 from bullseye-backports on all our servers and
clients can now login and authenticate using passwords. Progress!

However, most of our users are setup to use smartcard authentication and
when I try that on a 22H2 machine that I joined to our domain I get the
message "A null reference pointer was passed to the stub" and smartcard
authentication fails.

Any ideas/suggestions? I'll be happy to provide confs and log files and
to test suggested fixes.

--
Barry A. Trent
952-829-5864 x109