[Samba] Samba does not replicate attributes added via ldbmodify

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 12 18:42:16 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-10-12 at 08:50 +0200, Ralf Spenneberg via samba wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we are using samba 4.14.12 with two dcs. We added several
> proxyaddresses
> via ldbmodify to some users on one DC. Unfortunately these are not
> replicated to the other DC although "samba-tool drs showrepl" states
> the
> replication is successful without errors.
>
> Is there anything required to trigger the replication of the
> proxyaddresses? Did I do something wrong?
>
> Thanks a lot for any hint.

On the DC that is not getting the replication, have you forced
replication?

Does that help?

samba-tool drs replicate

Test with and without the --local option, which does the replication in
the local python process and so will show errors more easily (you can turn up the log level of the command line tool with -d)

Are other changes (password updates, other modifications) reflected
compared with proxyAdddress?

(And don't worry, it is not case sensitive and is self-correcting of
case, if Samba accepts the modify it should replicate, as long as you
don't access the files under sam.ldb.d/ directly).

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions