[Samba] accidentally upgraded DC to 4.17.3 ... didn't work

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Nov 22 08:30:34 UTC 2022

Am 22.11.22 um 09:25 schrieb Kees van Vloten via samba:

>> 4.16.6 as on my ADC1 seems not available anymore so I am on 4.16.2
>> (still from Louis' repo)
>>
> 4.16.6 is available at Michael's repo:
> http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba/

Thank you.

When I think about it there were the entries in resolv.conf missing when
I started the downgrade. Maybe that file got cleared at the upgrade,
that would somehow explain the DNS failing as in the quoted logs.

I might retry 4.17.3 and check resolv.conf (?)

Why that file gets cleared is another question.