[Samba] Do you NEED pacemaker when using Samba Clustering (ctdb)

John Ericsson zendal.darkman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:16:11 UTC 2022

Thank you for your quick comprehensive reply. CTDB does the job and it does
it well. I had a bad experience on another service several years ago when a
faulty node broke the HA so I have an interest in STONITH. However, this
was not samba and when a node has failed on the samba cluster CTDB handled
it as expected.
The ipfailover quote (which is echoed on other sites) comes from here
https://documentation.suse.com/sle-ha/15-SP4/html/SLE-HA-all/cha-ha-samba.html

Again, thank you for your reply, it was appreciated.