[Samba] IO report error when use samba in HA

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Thu Nov 3 20:18:46 UTC 2022

Am 03.11.22 um 17:37 schrieb Jeremy Allison via samba:

>> Am 03.11.22 um 13:08 schrieb jie wang:
>>> Thanks the reply, I set network.ping.timeout to 10, but it does not
>>> work. Following are my volume's parameters, did I need to change other
>>> parameter ?
>
> Hmmm. Might this be due to the lack of persistent handles in
> Samba currently ?

No, :-) The network.ping.timeout is used to have the time to close all
file-handles in Gluster. If one of the nodes crashing the other nodes
stop service for the seconds defined in network.ping.timeout. During
this time all open handels will be closed so no split brain can occur.
After 42 seconds (the default value) the still working nodes will
restart the service. Native gluster clients still reconnecting after
even 42 seconds, but Windows can't so it will drop the connection. Why
is 42 the default? 42 is the answer to all questions ;-). 10 Seconds is
ok with Windows