[Samba] IO report error when use samba in HA

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Thu Nov 3 16:00:16 UTC 2022

oh yes, there are some more parameters you need in Gluster. Here are a
list of all parameters:
--------------------
performance.read-ahead=on
performance.write-behind-window-size=4MB
performance.cache-max-file-size=10
cluster.force-migration=on
cluster.entry-self-heal=on
cluster.metadata-self-heal=on
cluster.data-self-heal=on
cluster.self-heal-daemon=enable
features.cache-invalidation=on
features.cache-invalidation-timeout=600
performance.cache-samba-metadata=on
performance.stat-prefetch=on
performance.md-cache-timeout=600
network.inode-lru-limit=200000
performance.nl-cache=on
performance.nl-cache-timeout=600
performance.readdir-ahead=on
performance.parallel-readdir=on
client.event-threads=4
server.event-threads=4
performance.cache-invalidation=on
performance.write-behind=off
network.ping-timeout=10
performance.cache-size=512MB
user.cifs=enable
user.smb=enable
store these parametes in a file for example "mysamba" then copy the file
to /var/lib/glusterd/groups then do a:
gluster v set vol-name group mysamba
this will set all the parameters from the list. As you can see there are
some caching parameters if you have a large amount of RAM you can change
these values, but I would start with theses settings ;-)