[Samba] Getting: "ads_connect: No logon servers are currently available to service the logon request."

David Collantes david at ucf.edu
Thu Mar 3 12:26:11 UTC 2022

Good day all,

We are getting "ads_connect: No logon servers are currently available to service the logon request." while running a "net ads dns register" command, on our Linux VMs on Azure. The following is the krb5.conf which works without problems in our local cloud:

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 dns_lookup_realm = true
 dns_lookup_kdc = true
 ticket_lifetime = 24h
 renew_lifetime = 7d
 forwardable = true
 rdns = true
 default_ccache_name = KEYRING:persistent:%{uid}
 default_realm = NET.UCF.EDU

[realms]

[domain_realm]

Could someone help me figure out what could be going on?

--
David Collantes