[Samba] Multichannel and RSS Not Detected

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Tue Jun 21 12:58:40 UTC 2022

At first, multi-channel ist only available if two hosts (e.g. server and client) are
Interconnected with more then one NIC and all interfaces provides the same network speed.
For example, to can use a server with 4x 1Gbps NICs and a client with 2x 1Gbps
NICs connected to a switch (only two NICs will be used for multi-channel),
but you can’t use a 100Mbps NIC + 1Gbps NIC for the client.
Windows only uses NICs with the same speed for multi-channel!

Check if you get kernel 5.16+
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LinuxCIFSKernel

multiple improvements on multichannel code.

And try adding VFS_object aio_pthread

Try with and without the bind interfaces lines.

only things I can think of now.

hope this helps,

Greetz,

Louis