[Samba] Out of topic : Tool to ease conversion from Domain machine to standalone..

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:59:28 UTC 2022

Went through something similar when my company had to move a lot of
computers from one domain to another.

In short, you need to create local accounts.     Under c:\users this
means you will see both "someuser" (from the original domain) and
"someuser.MACHINENAME" or something similar.   The local user will need
to be given access to the old provide directory, so he or she can copy
documents, pictures, browser favorites, and other folders.

You may also need to copy stuff from C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Local and
C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Local if you are trying preserve settings.

Alternately, you could probably create a local user, have the person
login as the local user, then logout.  Then go thru the registry to try
to remap the old profile directory to the new user but that is probably
a big pain.