[Samba] Some older windows clients can't connect after upgrade

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Fri Dec 16 10:14:58 UTC 2022

Le Fri, 16 Dec 2022 09:57:12 +0000
Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> écrivait:

> > That's Debian stable with the included version of Samba. Running
> > Debian stable is pretty standard IMO :)
> >

> You referred to an version of Debian
>

> I've compared with another server which is still running Samba 4.5
> (debian 9 oldoldstable),

"If it ain't broken don't fix it". This one still works fine, the more
up-to-date one doesn't ;)

> You also referred to Windows 2008r2, XP and 7, if they are not old, I
> don't know what is.

Actually they're not old from an enterprise standpoint. They're
currently busy setting up hardware from the very early 80s for a new
customer. That's unfortunately how things go in the industry; people
are still running DEC PDPs at places. One of my customer runs a mission
critical application on a '93 Sun SS20 running Solaris 2.1.