[Samba] LDAP query to Samba AD DC

Yang Yang yy8402 at icloud.com
Thu Dec 15 15:28:31 UTC 2022

Hello,

When Samba is set up as an Active Directory Domain Controller, can it response to LDAP queries?

I set up Samba as an Active Directory Domain Controller, following guide in samba wiki <https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller> , and I can add Windows machines and login with samba users, as expected. However, when I tried LDAP query to any base DN, the answer had always been “No such object”.

Does Samba as an Active Directory Domain Controller support LDAP queries? Is there something else I shall do to make it work?

If LDAP queries are not supported by Samba as an Active Directory Domain Controller, is there any solution for to have a Domain Controller that can support LDAP queries?

Thanks,
Yang