[Samba] Packages necessary to set up a Samba AD controller on Ubuntu?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 17 19:13:36 UTC 2021

Thanks very much for the clear and quick response.

  I've been binding Ubuntu linux machines to an existing (MS) AD domain
and have just been using timedatectl for time synchronization, as this
is dead simple to enable and comes installed by default on systemd based
systems. Presumably this should be adequate for a domain controller as
well, so no need for ntp or chrony?

(I understand the frustrations of the Samba team having to deal with
many different distros, some which don't use systemd.)