[Samba] OpenSSH with Kerberos?

Joachim Lindenberg samba at lindenberg.one
Fri Oct 22 17:01:40 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am trying to get OpenSSH to work with Kerberos, but am failing. I followed https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/OpenSSH_Single_sign-on, but I still need to provide a password (the AD password does work!) instead of achieving single-sign-on. I did follow the recommended auth_to_local mapping.

In case that matters.

Actually I am trying with both putty from windows and ssh from Ubuntu, ssh -v Joachim at boa.samba.lindenberg.one <mailto:Joachim at boa.samba.lindenberg.one> . In both cases I can use my AD password and login, but I thought there should be no prompt at all for password. After login, I am listed as SAMBA\joachim – not the SAMBA\Joachim I was expecting.

As both clients fail, I suspect a server configuration issue, but which?

Thanks, Joachim