[Samba] NT_STATUS_INVALID_TOKEN after update to 4.13.14

Benedikt Kaleß benedikt.kaless at forumZFD.de
Fri Nov 12 14:34:03 UTC 2021

Dear list,

we updatet a file-server to 4.13.14 and we are not able to access the
shares as an Administrator anymore.

root at file-server:~# smbstatus -V
Version 4.13.13-SerNet-Debian-12.buster

user at client:~$ smbclient -W DOMAIN -U Administrator //file-server/Share
Enter DOMAIN\Administrator's password:
Try "help" to get a list of possible commands.
smb: \>

Then we updated:

root at file-server:~# smbstatus -V
Version 4.13.14-SerNet-Debian-13.buster

user at client:~$ smbclient -W DOMAIN -U Administrator //file-server/Share
Enter DOMAIN\Administrator's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_TOKEN

An "id administrator" works well, a "su - administrator" as well.

We are a hesitating to update all our ADs to the newest version 4.13.14
as we want to avoid to loose the administrative access to the Shares. A
few RODCs in subnets are updated, the ADs are still on 4.13.13

Does somebody observes the same issue? Where could I start searching?

Best

Benedikt

--
forumZFD
Entschieden für Frieden|Committed to Peace

Benedikt Kaleß
Leiter Team IT|Head team IT

Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V.|Forum Civil Peace Service
Am Kölner Brett 8 | 50825 Köln | Germany

Tel 0221 91273233 | Fax 0221 91273299 |
http://www.forumZFD.de

Vorstand nach § 26 BGB, einzelvertretungsberechtigt|Executive Board:
Oliver Knabe (Vorsitz|Chair), Sonja Wiekenberg-Mlalandle, Alexander Mauz
VR 17651 Amtsgericht Köln

Spenden|Donations: IBAN DE37 3702 0500 0008 2401 01 BIC BFSWDE33XXX