[Samba] Debian 10 Samba 4.14.4 No acces to SYSVOL and NETLOGON from Windows 10

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri May 28 10:42:48 UTC 2021

On 28/05/2021 10:39, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> This : C:\users\administrator.PLK.001
>
> Is a windows problem, in general, but your also missing packages.
> So need fix samba config/server setup first.
>
> Nsswitch missing winbind, can be, just not recommended
> Also : mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] better move it after word dns
>
> Remove the left overs like :  rc  krb5-admin-server
> With :  dpkg --remove --purge
>

> Then :  apt install samba-vfs-modules
>
> Lets start here, and reboot server.
>
> Let us know if it works now.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

There is something serious wrong here, the OP's subject says 'Samba
4.14.4' but the output from the info collection script says '4.9.5' and
the 'samba' package isn't installed. I think the OP has built Samba
themselves and hasn't removed all the old Samba. Their are other minor
errors, but until this is fixed, they are not going anywhere.

Rowland