[Samba] Understanding ID mapping between a campus AD and a local LDAP

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Mar 24 17:49:27 UTC 2021

On 24/03/2021 17:23, Jonathon A Anderson wrote:
>> I read this as being that it will only work if you run your samba server
>> as a standalone server with a trust to your AD.
> How is that different from what I'm trying to do?

At the moment, you are running as a Unix domain member (security = ADS),
so the users in AD are trying to become Unix users. If you ran as a
standalone server and set up a trust to the AD, it might work, I put
stress on the 'might'

You are trying to do something that I have never tried, so can only make
educated guesses

Rowland