[Samba] Azure AD Connect but domain functional level 2012_R2 not yet supported?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 25 10:19:29 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-06-25 at 12:05 +0200, mj via samba wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> We followed https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Azure_AD_Sync and it
> worked, but with one exception: the password hashes never synced to
> azure plus samba showed continuous high cpu usage..

BTW, just a reminder that I would love to see this fixed, but it needs
some user or a group of users to step forward to a Samba commercial
support provider to get this dug into and fixed.

Likewise if anybody does really have the passwords being synced please
pin down exactly what is the specific tweaks needed.

Per my SambaXP talk, at least for Catalyst we already have any 'spare'
or 'upstream undirected development' time we have swamped by a
currently overwhelming security maintenance task.  Funding for that
also really welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--