[Samba] TLS issues

Sebastian Gödecke simpsonetti at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 26 07:52:33 UTC 2021

Hi, i have a issue about my certificate or settings?

I've a running encryption, but with a new key and cert and ca file,
samba can't start. This is my actually config:
   tls enabled  = yes
       tls keyfile  = /etc/ssl/samba/private.key
       tls certfile = /etc/ssl/samba/STAR_bbs1-gifhorn_de.pem
       tls cafile   =
/etc/ssl/samba/Sectigo_RSA_Domain_Validation_Secure_Server_CA.ca-bundle

#       tls keyfile  = /etc/ssl/cert-21/private.key
#        tls certfile = /etc/ssl/cert-21/STAR_bbs1-gifhorn_de.pem
#        tls cafile   = /etc/ssl/cert-21/STAR_bbs1-gifhorn_deca-bundle.pem

If i changed this to the settings by enabling the lower tls settings,
the samba wound't start.
The same settings as above are also used for my apache and i also
changed this to the lower, the new key/cert, and the apache is running
with that.
I tried different names for the
#        tls cafile   = /etc/ssl/cert-21/STAR_bbs1-gifhorn_deca-bundle.pem
like STAR_bbs1-gifhorn_de.ca-bundle but this also ends that the samba
doesn't start.

So does anybody has a hint for me?
regards Sebastian

--