[Samba] Samba domain members and MIT Kerberos configuration...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Mon Dec 27 14:38:47 UTC 2021

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> What rh-based box ?

Oracle Linux 7, 8 servers and some Fedora clients.

> Sort of, you should (in my opinion) use 'net ads join' to join the
> computer to the domain, but you will need to use 'oddjob' on red-hat
> distros. You will also need to correctly set up the smb.conf file.

Ah, ok. Of course, i've not speaked about it, but i supposed a correctly
smb.conf file setup in place.

> This is probably because the setup isn't much different on Unix domain
> members.

...but i was used in debian/ubuntu to let heimdal kerberos debhelper to
setup /etc/krb5.conf. A krb5.conf setup for heimdal/debian will work for
RH/MIT?

I'm a bit confused about that... and the samba wiki say only:

	https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Configuring_Kerberos

that seems minimal to me.

Sorry, thanks.

--
  Gli ippopotami non fanno niente, basta la presenza
  ippopotami non si nasce, si diventa			(R. Vecchioni)