[Samba] Moving FSMO roles doesnt affect srv records in DNS ?.

Peter Boos peter.boos at quest-innovations.com
Fri Sep 25 12:58:24 UTC 2020

-----Original message-----

The dnsutils package was missing, added it (typo in a script).
Below is smb.conf, was it perhaps also the reason reversedns didn work
I had not mentioned that earlier, it wasnt something critical we thought.
And i wasnt sure either if thats normal for Samba

[global]

  netbios name = DC1
  realm = dom.mydomain.com
  workgroup = dom
  dns forwarder = 172.16.7.1
  idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = 172.16.7.40

  loglevel = 3

  winbind enum users = yes
  winbind enum groups = yes

  wins support = yes
  wins server = 172.16.7.40

[netlogon]
  path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/dom.mydomain.com/scripts
  read only = No

[sysvol]
  path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
  read only = No