[Samba] Problems with sysrepl

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Sep 11 08:28:18 UTC 2020

DC2 need IP DC1 first in the DNS, yes, BUT, the sites GUID needs to be corrected first.

Then, reboot, things should sync.
Then, correct IP in resolv.conf.

If this goes wrong, you and up with 2 zones on both server that are off sync.
I had this ones.. And yes, its always fixable.

In worst cased, down DC2 again.
Sieze FSMO roles to DC1.
Clean AD and DNS, (and dont forget to clean sites)
All needs to be checked before a re-join.

The order in this fix attempt is most important.
Dont rush it, take the time to clean the AD and DNS.

Not needed to re-install DC2, its basilcy.

Cleanup /var/lib/samba (and subfolders.)
Cleanup /var/cache/samba (and subfolders.)
Resolv.conf to DC1 IP first, join, reboot.
Resolv.conf to DC2 IP first
Down samba DC2,
copy Idmap DC1 to DC2
Start samba DC2