[Samba] odd issue with permisions

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 28 10:24:13 UTC 2020

Hm, samba 4.11.2-13 is running on CentOS  8.
Im not really into CentOS/RH im more Debian/Ubuntu..

But I suggest you try this.

Remove [homes]  ( or keep it but add a new one. )

Setup
[users]
    Path = /home
    browseable = yes
    read only = no

Test again against that new share, but not with smbclient alone,
setup a cifs mount and test and/or use a windows client pc.
Preffered W10 or server 2016+

I think you hitted a bug here. In smbclient + [homes]
But not sure yet.

And increasing the loglevel might help in "seeing" where this is going wrong.

Greetz,

Louis