[Samba] Samba broken after dist-upgrade in Ubuntu 20.04?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Nov 14 16:32:13 UTC 2020

On 14/11/2020 15:51, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 14/11/2020 12:56, Joachim Lindenberg via samba wrote:
>> Sure. Here they are:
>>
>> root at cobra:/var/log/samba# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
>> # See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to
>> upgrade to
>> # newer versions of the distribution.
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main restricted
>> # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main restricted
>>
>> ## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
>> ## distribution.
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates main restricted
>> # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates main
>> restricted
>>
>> ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
>> Ubuntu
>> ## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive
>> any
>> ## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal universe
>> # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal universe
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates universe
>> # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates universe
>>
>> ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
>> Ubuntu
>> ## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself
>> as to
>> ## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
>> ## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
>> ## security team.
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal multiverse
>> # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal multiverse
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates multiverse
>> # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates multiverse
>>
>> ## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
>> ## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it
>> includes
>> ## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful
>> features.
>> ## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any
>> review
>> ## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports main
>> restricted universe multiverse
>> # deb-src http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports main
>> restricted universe multiverse
>>
>> ## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
>> ## 'partner' repository.
>> ## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical
>> and the
>> ## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
>> # deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu focal partner
>> # deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu focal partner
>>
>> deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security main restricted
> [...]
No it didn't, it was as if apt couldn't find the samba package, so I
went to look at  Louis's repo and here:

http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/dists/focal-samba412/main/binary-amd64/Packages

There doesn't seem to be a 'samba' package, but here:

http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/dists/buster-samba412/main/binary-amd64/Packages

There is.

Looks like we will have to wait until Louis fixes it, if there is
something to fix.

Rowland