[Samba] Can't use DNS Manager in MMC on Samba 4.12.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 5 23:21:46 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-03-04 at 18:07 +0000, Alex MacCuish via samba wrote:
> On Samba 4.12.0, I receive the error "ndr_pull_uint32:
> ndr_pull_error(Buffer Size Error): Pull bytes 4
> (../../librpc/ndr/ndr_basic.c:152) at
> ../../librpc/ndr/ndr_basic.c:152"
> when opening the DNS Manager in MMC.
>
> This jumped out at me from the log-level 10 output (I'm happy to
> send
> the full logs but would rather do that somewhere more private):

G'Day Alex,

I just wanted to say that I've seen your mails and am aware of your
report but have been dealing with other Samba issues.

I would say that logs from 'dnsserver' and port 135 not listening are
mutually exclusive conditions, unless the RPC server has crashed, but
that should be pretty loud in the logs if so.

I don't have any more clues or suggestions right now.

Sorry!

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett