[Samba] Samba 4.12.0 on Fedora32: bind DNS still say "named: client @...: update 'fedora.loc/IN' denied"

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 5 15:07:45 UTC 2020

On 05/03/2020 14:23, Dario Lesca via samba wrote:
> Hi, I'm doing some tests of samba DC 4.12.0 + MIT (experimental)
> Kerberos + Bind DNS + Dhcpd +  Chronyd on Fedora 32 beta.

I think I said use either the dhcp script or allow your clients to
update their own records. The problem is, if you previously used the
DHCP script, the clients records no longer belong to the clients, so
they will not be able to update them. Try deleting the records and allow
the clients to recreate them.

Finally, do not use the Fedora Samba packages as a DC in production,
only use them for testing, they are marked experimental for a reason.

Rowland