[Samba] sudo on DC?

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 21:33:03 UTC 2020

If I want a limited user that is created in AD to be able to login on a
domain controller to run a script that requires sudo... Is this possible?

As the root user, I can run "su -s/bin/bash DOMAIN/username" to login on
the DC. However, I cannot run commands such as "passwd" or "sudo
<command>". I have added them to my /etc/sudoers file, and even added
NOPASSWD: for testing:

DOMAIN/username ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

... but I am still prompted for the password, and it never accepts the
password.

The file server (where this user's home folder lives) is on another Linux
server. So this user does NOT have a home folder on the DC to login to.