[Samba] SAMBA using existing users and passwords on Linux

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:26:12 UTC 2020

Hi Fernando,

What kind of system are using your Samba's clients?

If they are using Windows systems joined to AD, you can join your Samba
server into AD too. Then your users will be able to use Kerberos (ie SSO)
to authenticate against your Samba server.

Your Samba system users could be local (in /etc/passwd) or coming from AD
(using winbindd).
If system users are in /etc/passwd, they would have to have the same name
as on the client system or you will have to add some username mapping (see
"username map" option).

Perhaps all that blabla is out of subject, perhaps it will help, I do hope
it will ; )

Cheers,

mathias