[Samba] Naming violation: objectClass: myObjectClass not a valid child class for <>

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jul 26 18:03:04 UTC 2020

On 26/07/2020 18:45, RhineDevil wrote:

> Done, I still get the same errors when adding mod.ldif
>
> (I used ldbadd instead of ldbmodify, is that a problem?)

No, that isn't the problem, the problem is that I forgot to remove a
comment :-(

Create another ldif:

/tmp/classmod.ldif

dn: CN=nisMailAlias,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=ldom
changetype: modify
add: possSuperiors
possSuperiors: top

Then stop Samba again and modify the class with:

service samba-ad-dc stop

ldbmodify -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb /tmp/classmod.ldif
--option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true

service samba-ad-dc start

Then try to add your OU ldif again.

Rowland