[Samba] Skipping RSAT

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Sat Feb 29 18:59:28 UTC 2020

Good day gents,

Just wanted to gather some thoughts on setting up samba ad dc  with certain
features that would typically call for / depend on RSAT and/or a windows
desktop in general. I get it; you'll always have a desktop since the very
purpose is to serve windows desktops (generally speaking). But I think it's
fair to say most of us are using Linux desktops and burdened with running a
VM or full install for each domain you're administering support for.

Some of the main features with RSAT dependencies that I'd like to hear
alternatives to are: GPOs and folder permissions on redirected folders.