[Samba] User names not replicating to secondary DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 27 16:26:20 UTC 2020

On 27/02/2020 15:48, Durwin via samba wrote:
> I have 2 Ububtu DCs.  One acting as a secondary/failover.
You have 2 DCs, one holds all the FSMO roles, the other holds none
>    At one point
> the users were replicated from primary to secondary.
Replication between them used to work.
>    But now they are not
> replicating.
Now it doesn't.
> The output from samba-tool drs showrepl is attached.  What else may I
> provide to aid diagnostics?
> I know Samba does not replicate sysvol 'yet', so rsync is needed, but that
> does not seem to contain the users.
Sysvol holds the GPOs (they are also in AD), the user objects etc are
only in AD, these are what is replicated between DCs.

Going to need a lot more info, OS, Samba version, smb.conf files etc.

Rowland