[Samba] Moving a DC...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Dec 16 19:53:23 UTC 2020

Yes, you must re-join after the clone.  Essentially this is about
cloning the VM as a base OS (to avoid a re-install and re-configuration
of the other services), right?

The hostname is a critical part of a DCs identity, so for the benefit
of others even if you destroyed the first host you would have to re-
join with the new name.

As you suggest, I would ensure the Samba directories are clean.

Andrew Bartlett